Leaving Las Vegas for the weekend, the UFC heads to Abu Dhabi for what it is calling Fight Island. This is the first of four fight cards in 14 days, and what may be the best fight card of the year so far.
Kamaru Usman is the headliner, but it was just a few days ago that his opponent, Gilbert Burns, had to withdraw because of a positive COVID-19 test. So in steps Jorge Masvidal, a BMF champion, and the full card gets that much better.
And in case that wasn’t enough intrigue for you. Masvidal passed his own COVID test in Las Vegas and flew immediately to Abu Dhabi.
But he’ll have to fight this weekend without one of the main components of his corner, coach Mike Brown, who tested positive for the coronavirus.
Thus is life hosting international sporting events in the face of an ongoing pandemic.
Full Fight Card
- Martin Day (-190) vs. Davey Grant (+150)
- Vanessa Melo (+185) vs. Karol Rosa (-240)
- Raulian Palva (-190) vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov (+150)
- Marcin Tybura (-112) vs. Maxim Grishin (-112)
- Leonardo Santos (-190) vs. Roman Bogatov (+150)
- Makwan Amirkhani (-215) vs. Danny Henry (+170)
- Elizeu dos Santos (+100) vs. Muslim Salikhov (-124)
- Volkan Oezdemir (-177) vs. Jiri Prochazka (+140)
- Amanda Ribas (-835) vs. Paige VanZant (+525)
- Jessica Andrade (+162) vs. Rose Namajunas (-200)
- Petr Yan (-250) vs. Jose Aldo (+200)
- Alex Volkanovski (-230) vs. Max Holloway (+185)
- Kamaru Usman (-265) vs. Jorge Masvidal (+210)
Masvidal has been hugely entertaining in his recent fights, and we expect more of this same this weekend. But the fact is that Usman has beaten the better fighters. If you are looking for an upset on this card, the headlining event isn’t likely to be it.
The Alex Volkanovski-Max Holloway tilt is a rematch of their title fight last December. Holloway seemed to struggle with motivation when the two fighters met seven months ago, but that shouldn’t be an issue this time around, now that he’s the ex-champ. This fight is a toss-up, which makes the +185 on Holloway an intriguing bet.
On the preliminary card, Danny Henry is someone to keep an eye on. This is another very evenly matched fight, and the +170 on Henry is an excellent number to play.
Pay Per Head Bookie Software
Four UFC fight cards in 14 days. The PGA Tour is playing every week. NASCAR is running its full schedule. MLB has reopened training camps. The NBA and NHL playoffs are coming.
If you are running your own bookmaking business and want to look, feel, act, and profit like the pros, you need the advantage that a pay per head software partner provides. You get a fully customizable website, access to sports and odds from around the world, and all for just a small price per head.
For your pay per head demo and four free weeks to try it out, sign up with WagerHome.com today. Sports are coming back, and with a front line pay per head partnership, you will be ready to maximize the moment.read more